Pork Chops with Apple Cider Sauce
2 pork chops
Sea salt and pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup apple cider or apple juice
1 tablespoon kuzu root
dissolved in1/4 cup water
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of pork chops.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium high heat and add chops.
- Brown chops for 2 minutes on each side. There should be some brown bits stuck to the skillet.
- Remove chops and place into baking dish.
- Bake in the oven on 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, pour apple cider into skillet and use a spatula to loosen brown bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- When the juice and pan drippings are just about to boil, stir in the kuzu root mixture.
- Continue stirring for one minute, until sauce thickens but is still pourable.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- When chops are done, remove from oven.
- Place on a serving platter and cover with sauce.
- Try these with millet mashed potatoes and sautéed cabbage and apples for a complete meal.