Workshop Contest FAQ
- Can I submit more than one workshop package?
- Does submitting more than one help or hurt my chances of winning?
- How many winners will be chosen?
- What do I do about my copyright on the materials? Why do you require removal of my copyright?
- What topics can I submit?
- Can I submit a presentation geared towards doctors or individual professionals that a Health Coach might want to partner with?
- Does the package have to be for a live workshop?
- If my workshop package is chosen, can I promote my business coaching services in my biography?
- Should I make the presentation slides in Microsoft Powerpoint or Mac Keynote?
- What is the prize?
- Who will have access to the workshop package once it’s added to the curriculum?
- What part of the curriculum will the package be featured in?
- What are the copyright rules around the content I produce that the school uses?
- In what format should I submit the documents?
- How large can the file size be?
- What is the deadline for submitting the documents?
- If I want to make an edit to my package after I submit, can I contact the school?
- How can I confirm you received my submission?
- Who is eligible to submit a workshop package?
- What information should the case study include?
- If I haven’t presented the workshop yet, can I still submit it?
- If I created this as a teleclass or webinar, and haven’t presented it to a live audience, can I still submit?
- If I want to submit an audio or video recording, how should I include that in the package?
- If my presentation is applicable to multiple target markets, how should I include that information?
- How detailed should the outline be?
- Do you have a preference on marketing materials?
- How should I document the outside sources I use?
- When will winners be notified?
1. Can I submit more than one workshop package?
Yes, you may submit as many complete packages as you’d like. Submit each package as a separate entry. Please note that selections will be made on quality of work and each package will be reviewed individually. Only submit your strongest work.
2. Does submitting more than one help or hurt my chances of winning?
No, the number of workshops you submit will not affect the results. Focus on quality over quantity. Each submission will be reviewed separately, so submitting several packages will not increase the chance of any of them being chosen.
3. How many winners will be chosen?
There is no set number of winners. We will select the strongest packages for the curriculum, so we are not limited to a specific number.
4. What do I do about my copyright on the materials? Why do you require removal of my copyright?
Packages used in the curriculum will be attributed to the author in a bio accompanying the package. We will work with the selected authors to include “reprinted with permission © Your Business Name” in the footer. But for the purposes of the submission, please submit a clean package.
5. What topics can I submit?
It’s up to you – what’s your specialty? Be specific to your target market. You could present on a focused women’s health issue, children’s health issues, eating on a budget, and more!
6. Can I submit a presentation geared towards doctors or individual professionals that a Health Coach might want to partner with?
Definitely! We’ll still require the same information from you regarding the case study and any accompanying materials. You can tweak the required materials for this specific usage.
7. Does the package have to be for a live workshop?
No. The workshop could be designed as a webinar, teleclass, or business presentation – it’s up to you.
8. If my workshop package is chosen, can I promote my business coaching services in my biography?
Your biography will include a link to your website where students can access any and all information about your coaching services. We will edit the bio to be appropriate for a learning environment, but note that students respond extremely well to good content. When they like a presenter’s content, they naturally seek out that presenter.
9. Should I make the presentation slides in Microsoft Powerpoint or Mac Keynote?
Please submit slides in PDF format for review. If your package is selected, we’ll work with you to create a format that all students can use.
10. What is the prize?
The prize is a place in the IIN curriculum resources! You will be exposed to thousands of students and graduates as an expert in your topic. You will also be amidst our other world-renowned contributors.
11. Who will have access to the workshop package once it’s added to the curriculum?
All students and alumni – over 40,000 people worldwide, and growing!
12. What part of the curriculum will the package be featured in?
The workshop will be added to the resources we provide students and alumni.
13. What are the copyright rules around the content I produce that the school uses?
If your package is selected, we will provide an agreement between you and the school to distribute your content to our students. We have full access to use the materials for any and all curriculum purposes, which will be governed by an agreement that will be executed separately once the winner(s) have been selected. It is possible that we may want to use parts of your package. If that is the case, we will contact you to work together to properly attribute the pieces that you created.
14. In what format should I submit the documents?
Submit all written/printable materials as a PDF file. You can include a table of contents in your package to identify each piece and/or title each page to match the submission requirements. Audios can be submitted as mp3s, and videos can be submitted as mp4, MOV, or h264 files. If your package is chosen, we will contact you for editable files.
The case study will be typed into the form provided, in 500 words or less.
Please note that the submission form allows for only one document per upload blank.
In one PDF file, please include the following pieces:
- 30-45 minute speaking outline
- your choice of marketing materials
- handouts and writing exercises for participants, if applicable
- audience questions and suggested answers
In a separate PDF file, please upload your presentation slides.
Optional materials should be combined into one PDF file.
Only one audio or video file can be uploaded.
15. How large can the file size be?
The form will not accept file sizes larger than 50 MB. Optional audio/video files can be no larger than 50 MB if uploaded directly to the form; however, you can send links (private YouTube/Vimeo videos) to view your presentation. Files for optional bonus materials must be no larger than 20 MB.
16. What is the deadline for submitting the documents?
Your complete package is due October 1, 2013 at 11:59pm Eastern Daylight Time. Please give yourself plenty of time to submit. The form will no longer accept submissions after this time and you cannot submit submissions or edits by calling or emailing the school.
17. If I want to make an edit to my package after I submit, can I contact the school?
No – all submissions are final. You can resubmit your package before the deadline, but once the form closes, we will not accept any edits or new submissions.
18. How can I confirm you received my submission?
You will receive confirmation on the webpage after clicking “submit.” Please do not contact the school.
19. Who is eligible to submit a workshop package?
Please note that the contest will be available to all alumni, students enrolled in the HCTP May 2013 class, and all classes prior.
20. What information should the case study include?
The number of hours to prepare for the presentation; how you marketed this topic; how many Health Histories you scheduled from the presentation; and any other numbers related to the impact of the presentation. Keep it to 500 words or less. This can be in paragraph form or bullet points.
21. If I haven’t presented the workshop yet, can I still submit it?
Yes! In your case study, please include why you feel your presentation will be successful.
22. If I created this as a teleclass or webinar, and haven’t presented it to a live audience, can I still submit?
Definitely! Please include this information in the case study.
23. If I want to submit an audio or video recording, how should I include that in the package?
For audios, you can attach an mp3 file. For videos, please attach an mp4, MOV, or h264 file.
24. If my presentation is applicable to multiple target markets, how should I include that information?
Submit a suggested list of audiences that benefit from this information in the package.
25. How detailed should the outline be?
It should include all key speaking points, subpoints, and transition statements. Include recommended questions to engage the audience and/or topics for paired or group shares.
26. Do you have a preference on marketing materials?
No, we do not, other than the approach that worked well for you. However, we have found that a lot of students need help with email and social media promotion. Every Health Coach has a different style. Bio-individuality is key here – play up your strengths!
27. How should I document the outside sources I use?
They can be linked within the document and/or in an attached bibliography.
28. When will winners be notified?
Winners will be notified by November 1, 2013.