A Savory Breakfast Salad with Smoked Wild Salmon
When we think of breakfast foods, sweet meals often come to mind, such as oatmeal, yogurt, organic fresh fruit, and granola. While those are all delicious options, it’s nice to mix up your routine with a savory breakfast, especially one that comes in a refreshing salad form.
This recipe, from Integrative Nutrition student Alissa Novotny, is a perfect choice to make if you are hosting or attending a brunch, and something you would likely find on the menu at a great restaurant. Along with simple, nutritious ingredients, this salad also packs in a dose of essential omega-3s!
Heavenly Breakfast Salad
Image source: Alissa Novotny
- 1 avocado (cut into chunks)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ shallot sliced thin
- ¼ cup arugula
- 3 oz. smoked organic wild salmon (chopped into chunks)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients
- Add lemon juice and mix well
- Add salt and pepper as desired
- Eat and enjoy!
Do you tend to choose sweet or savory dishes for breakfast?