Reduce inflammation, boost your immunity, and optimize your digestion.
With nearly 80% of disease traced back to the gut, it’s deeply connected to your mental, physical, and emotional health. Learn to listen to your body and honor its cues to address signs of inflammation, intolerances, or other serious conditions. Improve your gut health and achieve greater balance in all areas of life through diet and lifestyle modifications.
What You'll Learn:
- The structure and function of the digestive system, including the phases of digestion and how the gut impacts overall wellness.
- How and why gut health can become compromised and the effects it can have on the body.
- What the microbiome is, how bacteria function in the gut, and specific methods for supporting healthy gut microbes.
- The difference between prebiotics and probiotics, how to navigate the supplement aisle, and what to look for in a probiotic supplement.
- How gut imbalances can lead to common symptoms and conditions, like leaky gut, autoimmunity, SIBO, acid reflux, IBS, yeast overgrowth, constipation, diarrhea, skin breakouts, brain fog, fatigue, and more.
- What candida is, how an overgrowth can occur, and nutrition and lifestyle modifications to promote balance.
- The gut/brain connection, the impact of stress on digestive wellness, the link between hormones and gut health, and the impact of gut imbalances on blood sugar and obesity.
- Dietary and lifestyle modifications that support a healthy gut, including gut healthy foods, stress reduction, movement, meditation, and detoxification.
- The connection between thyroid and gut health and steps to promote thyroid health through dietary improvements.
- An overview of Ayurvedic and Chinese principles and how they can support healthy digestion.
- How to educate and empower your clients to advocate for their health and explore the various healthcare options available to them.
- Ways to effectively work alongside doctors and various healthcare practitioners from within your scope of practice to empower and support clients on their journey to improved health.
- And much, much more!
The gut, commonly known as the “second brain,” is connected to nearly every organ and system in the body.
You’ve probably been told to “listen to your gut” or “follow your gut instincts” – and for good reason. Your gut is usually trying to tell you when something is off.
From hormones and mood disorders, including anxiety and stress, to inflammation, allergies, and immunity, a compromised gut can wreak havoc on our everyday lives. In this course, you’ll receive a comprehensive overview of the digestive system, conditions that stem from the gut, common symptoms to look out for, and strategies to support your gut health through diet and lifestyle modifications. You’ll receive the healing tools you need to optimize your digestion, master your microbiome, and support overall well-being.
What You'll Get in the Gut Health Course:
What You'll Get in the Gut Health Course
Access your course anywhere you have an Internet connection, whether you’re on the go, in the middle of your daily commute, or in the comfort of your own home – there’s no limit to when or how you can learn!
You’ll get 24 modules with 58 videos hosted by our Education department staff that provide you with an in-depth overview of the entire digestive system, specific conditions associated with gut imbalances, and strategies to address these issues from a bio-individual perspective.
Connect with your classmates and course moderators in your exclusive Facebook group. Post any questions you may have about your coursework, ask for feedback, and get support from a group of like-minded and health-oriented individuals!