LAB TESTING COURSE
LAB TESTING COURSE
Education through Empowerment
Education through Empowerment
You’re a Health Coach trying to help your clients feel their best – which sometimes requires a level of monitoring that goes beyond the surface.
In this cutting-edge course, you will learn how to educate and empower your clients to get to the root of their health concerns. You’ll learn how various forms of testing can be utilized, and how to work proactively with healthcare practitioners to guide your clients (and yourself) toward optimal health.
Enrollment for this course is currently closed.
A Note From Joshua - Lab Testing
Step by step, Health Coaches are creating a new future for healthcare and humanity. I created the IIN Lab Testing Course with this in mind. I want to provide you with the guidance, support, and education you need to work alongside healthcare practitioners.
I worked with a team of doctors to gather cutting-edge information that is medically accurate and detailed, yet broken down in a way that is concise and easy to understand. You’ll be able to focus on empowering your clients to monitor their own health and guide them through prevention strategies to promote wellness as they age.
I believe health coaching is the future, and I look forward to mentoring you as you build your practice, learn about the contexts and applications for lab testing, and gain the confidence you need to lead your clients toward optimal health.
What you’ll learn:
- The basic signs and symptoms of the most common health conditions, so you can develop a context for what different lab tests look for and understand how and why health is measured in various ways.
- How to work collaboratively with doctors and medical professionals as an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, so you can help clients implement their doctors’ treatment plans and provide them with a level of education, support, and empowerment they aren’t receiving anywhere else.
- The history of medicine, healthcare, and direct-to-consumer testing in the United States, so you can get a clear picture of where we came from and where we are heading in the future of healthcare (and how Integrative Nutrition Health Coaches can play a role!)
- How to talk to your clients about testing options, so you know how to apply this information and comfortably put it into action. Learn what is and isn’t appropriate to talk about and how to approach discussions around lab testing in ways that make you feel knowledgeable and confident.
- A solid understanding of various direct-to-consumer (at-home) and traditional (doctor-referred) lab tests, including routine medical laboratory panels, urinalysis, blood sugar testing, thyroid hormone testing, cholesterol and lipids, allergy testing, adrenal testing, infertility, genetic testing options, testing for heavy metal toxicity, male and female sex hormones, autoimmune diseases, and more!
- How to move beyond education and guide your clients toward optimal health. We’ll teach you not just how lab testing can provide indicators for what’s wrong, but how tests can be used as empowering tools for preventive health. We’ll show you various ways to provide clients with support, strategies, and lifestyle tips that may help them improve various measures of health, or increase prevention, from within your scope of practice as an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach.
Priority List Bonus: Tips for Checking Blood Pressure + Daily Blood Pressure Log
Add your email to the priority list and download your first free bonus! High blood pressure is often referred to as the “silent killer,” and we want to help you manage and prevent it with these simple steps and daily blood pressure log. This handout is your first glimpse into all the Lab Testing Course has to offer. You’ll also be the first to know when our next course opens!
Advanced Course - Lab Testing - Priority List
Convenient, flexible online learning platform
24-7 access to course materials, so you can study when it’s convenient for you and learn from anywhere.
24 training modules
This online training starts with the fundamentals and goes beyond the basics of lab testing to give you a comprehensive education on the different types of lab tests, direct-to-consumer versus traditional testing options, how to integrate discussions about testing and results into your coaching practice, and practical ways to provide clients with support and strategies to address their health.
5 live group coaching calls
You'll have the opportunity to practice what you learn in real time through case-study activities with your classmates and teachers. You can ask any questions you have in five live, webinar-style classes with the IIN Lab Testing Course team.
FAQ Lab Testing Course - excludes 'Sign Up for More Info!'
- When does the next course start?
Join the Priority list now and be the first to know about when the course opens for enrollment.
- Are there any prerequisites for enrolling?
The only requirement is that you are a current student or graduate of the IIN Health Coach Training Program.
- How long does the course run?
The Lab Testing Course is a seven-month course, which includes pre-course materials, 24 modules of teaching, and holiday breaks (when new modules are not released).
- What kind of lab tests and topics does this course cover?
The Lab Testing Course covers a wide range of topics, including the different formats for testing and sample collections, the history and development of direct-to-consumer testing in the United States, the role of the Health Coach within your scope of practice, how to talk to your clients about lab tests, the benefits and limitations of direct-to-consumer testing, and more.
The course breaks down several lab tests, including adrenal, fertility, stool and GI, liver, pancreas, allergy, autoimmune, genetic, anemia and blood, testing for men’s hormonal health, testing for women’s reproductive health, and more.
- How much time do I need to devote to the course?
The more you put into this course, the more you will get out of it. The content is divided into 24 modules, with a new module released every week (except for test periods and holiday breaks).
Plan to spend three hours per week watching video lectures, completing worksheets and reflection assignments, and practicing your skills. We also recommend dedicating at least one hour per week to connect with your classmates and moderators, join discussions, and ask questions in the private Facebook community.
- What will I get when I complete the program? Is there a certificate or title change?
At the end of the program, you’ll receive a certificate of completion and a digital badge to publicly showcase your education. Because the course does not alter your scope of practice, your title won’t change. The information provided in this course (including information about any testing, protocols, or supplements) is for educational purposes only and will help you work effectively alongside doctors and other healthcare practitioners.
- Will this course be graded?
The course is graded on a pass/fail basis. Upon successful completion of the course (70% or higher on both tests), you will receive a certificate of completion.
- Who should I contact if I have further questions or need assistance?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of our Student Success team will get back to you very shortly!