IIN Transformation Contest Rules
Who May Enter
In order to participate in this competition you must be a graduate or current student of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN).
How to Enter
Applicants may submit one or two eligible digital photos with a title and short caption (50 words or less) by completing the form at http://www.integrativenutrition.com/lp/primary-foods-contest-submit to be considered, applicants must submit their name, graduation year, profession title, email address, phone number, and city and state of the applicant along with the photograph. Applicants may only enter individually, and may only enter once (though may enter up to two photographs).
When to Enter
Applicants may begin submitting photos on October 24, 2011 at 2:00 p.m. EST. All photos must have been submitted by November 18, 2011 at 5 p.m. EDT.
For photos to be eligible:
- With the exception of the INTEGRATIVE NUTRITION® trademark and other Integrative Nutrition trademarks and logos (IIN™, Institute for Integrative Nutrition®, the IIN Spiral, etc.), photo submissions must not include anyone’s trademarks, logos or brands which may be found on clothing, accessories, etc., on printed materials like posters and signs, etc.
- Photo submissions must not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about other people, companies or products;
- Photo submissions must not contain any specific personal contact information about yourself or others, including but not limited to, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, fax numbers, mailing addresses, license plates, business names, urls, websites, social networking site information (e.g., MySpace, Facebook), or other such contact information.
- Photo submissions may not depict in any way the name or likeness of any celebrity.
- Photo submissions must not include other’s copyrighted works, images or other proprietary material.
- Photo submissions must not violate any law.
IIN reserves the unrestricted right to disqualify, delete, or refrain from considering any Photo Submissions for any reason including, but not limited to, violation of these Contest Rules.
IIN will decide, in their sole discretion, which applicants will advance to Round 2 and become one of the top ten finalists. Applicants who advance to Round 2 will be notified on November 28th in a manner to be determined by IIN.
All eligible entries will be distributed to IIN staff for initial selection of top ten finalists. Staff will use the following criteria to judge the entries
- All entries must have a completed form and applicants who apply will have agreed to these terms and conditions. Any entry that does not will be automatically eliminated.
- Every entry must have the following criteria in order to be considered for round 2
- 2 Photos illustrating your transformation (before and after)
- Photos are based on technical skill, artistic ability and visual description of your transformation. Also considered is the photo’s level of creativity, originality, and authenticity to the graduate’s transformation story.
- Photos are based on technical skill, artistic ability and visual description of your transformation.
- Winning entries are those that show inspiration, creativity, and overall sense of knowledge of the Integrative Nutrition curriculum.
The public will be able to vote for a photo from the top ten finalists posted online from 12:00 p.m. EDT on November 28, 2011, through 11:59 p.m. EDT on December 16, 2011 by visiting our voting site and following the posted instructions to submit a vote. The url of the voting site will be announced via email sent to the Integrative Nutrition mailing list, as well as on Integrative Nutrition’s Blog, Facebook and Twitter pages. All votes must be submitted between these dates and times or they will not be counted. Individuals may only submit one vote. Use of any computer auto-voting software or any other software or device intended to tamper with the proper functioning of the voting system and use of any other means to subvert the voting process is strictly prohibited and all such votes will be void by IIN. Public votes will be tallied by IIN and the top three finalists will be announced on January 1st, 2012 via email sent to the Integrative Nutrition mailing list, as well as on Integrative Nutrition’s Blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
Applicants are not entitled to any compensation whatsoever for completing an application and/or submitting a photo. Decisions made by IIN are final in all matters, including interpretation of these Contest Rules. No transfer, cash equivalent or substitution is allowed, except at IIN’s sole discretion.
All contest submissions, including, without limitation, any materials contained within any photo submission will become the exclusive property of IIN who may publish, reproduce, print, display or modify the photos for any purpose whatsoever. Uses may include, but are not limited to, promotion of IIN, including on the web, in print publications, and as distributed to the media. No photo will be returned once submitted.
The following awards will be available for those who are eligible:
- FULL tuition for a friend or family member, or for you to re-experience our cutting edge Health Coach Training Program. Of course this includes the exclusive IIN iPad!*
- VIP seating at the March 2012 Mega Conference in Los Angeles
- 2 night accommodations at the March 2012 Mega Conference in Los Angeles
- $500 Spafinder.com gift card
9 Runner Ups
- $100 Spafinder.com gift card
- VIP seating at the March 2012 Mega Conference in Los Angeles
- $1,000 scholarship for friend or family member
*Materials fees apply see FAQ for details. These prizes are non-transferrable, and scholarships must be redeemed within one year of the award.
Limitation on Liability & Disclaimer
Applicants acknowledge that IIN shall bear no responsibility whatsoever for protecting their work against third party infringement of their copyright interest or other intellectual property rights or other rights applicants may hold in any photo submission, and in no way shall IIN be responsible for any losses applicants may suffer as a result of any such infringement. Applicants represent and warrant that their photo submissions do not infringe the rights of any other individual or entity.
In exchange for valuable consideration, and for participating in this contest, applicants unconditionally release, hold harmless and indemnify IIN, their directors, officers, members, employees and volunteers of and from all claims, liabilities and losses arising out of or in connection with applicants' participation in the contest, IIN’s use of applicants' photo or applicant's receipt and use of any prize awarded to them in connection with this contest. This release and indemnification shall be binding upon applicants, and their heirs, executors, administrators and assigns.
No responsibility is accepted by IIN for any additional expenses that may arise in connection with ownership or use of any contest prize.