Many of us begin the New Year by making resolutions. We take a vow to lose weight, exercise more, spend more time with our family, learn something new, or quit smoking. We start the year with great intentions, but then we quickly relapse into old habits. Why is it so hard to stick to those New Year’s resolutions?
Here are some ways you can make your intentions a reality this year:
1. Write down your intentions and keep them in a visible place, like taped to your bedroom mirror or the dashboard of your car. Read them every day, reminding yourself of the vision you have for a New You.
2. Get to the source of whatever is keeping you in a rut. Is your job or relationship stressful, causing you to overeat and skip exercise because you are too exhausted?
3. Be clear about what your life would look like once you achieve your goal. If you resolve to go to the gym more, how will this benefit you? Get connected to the result of your action, and you will be more likely to stick with your plan.
4. Share your resolutions with friends and family. Hold each other accountable for achieving your goals. If you want to go to the gym more often, have a friend call you two or three times a week to check on your progress or invite them to join you.
5. Reward yourself with every little accomplishment. If your intention is to lose weight and you lose 1 pound a week, pamper yourself with a massage.
Big changes do not require big leaps. Permanent change is more likely to happen gradually than through one big restrictive plan. Allow yourself to climb the ladder one rung at a time.
How do you plan on keeping your New Years intentions?
nutritionschoolContent solutions for those who have trouble with content creation |
Www.IIN-business.com@jimcurtis1@jaredyellinContent solutions for those who have trouble with content creation |
Learn more about IIN’s rigorous curriculum that integrates 90+ of the world’s leading experts in health and wellness, blending the scientific and the spiritual to create an immersive, holistic health education.
Blog Article Curriculum Guide V2 (small/tokens)
Health Coach Training Guide
Blog Form - Health Coaching 101 Guide
Everything you need to know about Health Coaching, in one guide!