7 Unbeatable Benefits of Health Coaching Circles
With all the big names—Mark Hyman, Arianna Huffington, Andrew Weil—and life-changing concepts—Primary Food and Bio Individuality, to name a few—in the Integrative Nutrition curriculum, it’s easy to forget one of the most powerful benefits of enrolling in the Health Coach Training Program: becoming part of the Integrative Nutrition community.
Beyond the conferences, alumni groups, and social media communities, the curriculum’s Coaching Circles provide tremendous personal and professional value to students. In these circles, up to 8 students meet regularly, led by a Coaching Circle Coach, and discuss the curriculum, their goals, their challenges, and more. In today’s live event, Health Coach Sharon Stevens interviewed Coaching Circle Coach Kara Martin Snyder to get the insider’s scoop on what goes on in these circles.
Their fascinating conversation inspired us to revisit the top benefits of these Circles. Read our takeaways below, and be sure listen to a full replay of the conversation for more insights!
7 Unbeatable Benefits of Coaching Circles
- Accelerate Learning. These groups allow students to work out and build on the skills they’ve learned in the Integrative Nutrition curriculum. The Coaching Circle Coaches also provide extra insight, teaching through action and example as well as introducing new concepts and themes. Not to mention the fact that other members of the group will bring special areas of interest and expertise to the table.
- Provide Practical Experience. Rather than having your first Health Coaching session be with a client, you get to practice and become comfortable with the process in a supportive and accepting community.
- Help You Solve Problems. When you face particularly challenging concepts in the curriculum, or face difficulties in your own life or coaching practice, this strong peer network is there to listen to you voice the issue and help you come to a solution.
- Motivate You. Every student comes to Integrative Nutrition with at least one common goal—to help create a healthier world—and being with your peers serves as a constant reminder of this goal. Plus, as you set your own personal goals, the circle helps you stay accountable.
- Open Professional Doors. These groups are a powerful way to develop connections and contacts in the wellness industry. You’ll meet people who are passionate about health and doing interesting things in the field, and there’s no telling what unexpected opportunities these relationships will provide!
- Help You Be a Better Health Coach. By sharing best practices with each other, offering and listening to feedback, and observing others, your own Health Coaching skills will improve significantly.
- Provide a Supportive Community. Perhaps the most valuable benefit of these circles is that you are immediately part of a community of like-minded individuals who can offer their support, share their experiences, and provide a non-judgmental listening environment. By your last session, you might be surprised to find yourself surrounded by a group of your closest friends.
Oprah says to “surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.” We can’t think of a better way to do this than with Integrative Nutrition’s Coaching Circles.
Are you a current student or graduate? Share a story about your favorite Coaching Circle experience in the comments below!
Interested in learning more about Coaching Circles? Listen to the full replay of our interview!