At Integrative Nutrition, we enjoy talking about things that no one else likes to talk about. In fact, we were talking about kale, quinoa, and holistic health before it was “cool.”
Today, we want to shed some light on a typically taboo topic: money. In our new series “Financial Friday,” you'll get the inside scoop on what we think about money and how you can earn big as a Health Coach.
Live your dream and earn a lucrative income? Yep. It’s possible. Tune in on Fridays to learn more!
For our first post we’re tackling the all-important question:
Can I really start earning my Integrative Nutrition tuition back while I’m still in school?
One of the many benefits of studying at IIN is that you’re able to take on paying clients halfway through the program! This means you’ll start seeing a return on your investment before you graduate! A school that empowers you to graduate with less debt than when you started? Pretty great, huh?
So let’s talk about what you’ll learn in the course that will help you to find clients and earn back your tuition as soon as possible:
Dietary Theories & Holistic Health:
- Key aspects of holistic health including physical activity, a fulfilling career, meaningful relationships, a spiritual practice and more
- Building blocks of nutrition, including bio-individuality and 100+ different dietary theories
- Explore client breakthroughs and receive tools to provide sustainable nutrition and lifestyle recommendations that best fit your client’s needs
Business & Coaching:
- Build confidence in your coaching technique by conducting health histories using active listening
- Learn how to establish your target market, attract clients in person and online, and grow your business through marketing and networking
- You’ll receive email templates, a website, business cards and more to help you get started
Remember, Health Coaching doesn’t have to be an all-or-nothing career shift, if you don’t want it to be. You can start small with just a few clients part time and get a feel for your schedule and workload. It's important to set clear goals about how many clients you can reasonably fit into your schedule and keep clients organized by planning sessions ahead of time and keeping track of each session.
So, let's do the math to determine how you can actually earn your tuition back...
- In a six-month program, each client will have 12 coaching sessions (2 per month)
- If you charge $75/session, you'll earn $900 for each client in your six-month program ($75 x 12 sessions). Note: experienced Health Coaches charge $100+ per session!
- If you take on 3 clients at a time (6 clients per year) you'll earn back your tuition in just ONE year!
Of course, it takes hard work and dedication to continuously build your practice. This is just one example of how you might go about earning your investment in Integrative Nutrition back, and we don’t guarantee that you will. But where there’s a will there’s a way!
There are SO many possibilities available to you as a Health Coach and it's up to you to carve the career path that’s most exciting to you. You can:
- Work in private practice
- Offer your clients a variety of services from health food store tours to pantry makeovers
- Create online communities or teach educational workshops
If owning your own business and working with clients one-on-one isn’t your dream, there are many other ways you can use an education in Health Coaching to gain an edge within your industry. Health Coaches have gone on to:
Becoming a Health Coach is an incredibly rewarding and flexible career path. The world finally understands that wellbeing is intrinsically linked to lifestyle – the food we eat, the work we do every day, and our activity levels. As the way we approach healthcare changes, the demand for Health Coaches will only grow.
What is your ideal career path as a Health Coach? Share in the comments below! If you want to learn more about the Health Coach Training Program, check out our curriculum guide at the top right side of this page!