Integrative Nutrition is the longest running institution that offers training in health coaching. Founded in 1992, what started as a small macrobiotic cooking class in NYC has evolved into a global school that has trained 100,000 students and graduates in 155 countries. These incredible students and graduates are fulfilling the school’s mission of spreading the ripple effect of health and happiness, impacting millions of people around the world.
While we have a lot to be proud of, our role in creating the profession of health coaching comes with a deep sense of responsibility to protect the integrity of what a Health Coach certificate actually is, and what it stands for. For this reason, below outlines the critical elements that we feel set us apart from other health coaching schools:
• We created the field of health coaching: We’ve been around the longest, and we take pride in igniting the movement that has created other health coaching schools, as it demonstrates the need for, and the power of, Health Coaches and their incredible work.
• We’re licensed by the New York State Department of Education: This means that our curriculum is regularly reviewed to ensure that our content is both up to date and accurate. Being held to these high standards is important to us, and helps ensure that we can provide a world-class education that you can apply wherever you’re learning in the world.
• We’re partnered with a variety of U.S. and international academic institutions to allow you to advance your education - and your career - with your IIN certificate: Our Health Coach Training Program is worth up to 29 credits towards a bachelor’s, master’s, or even a doctorate degree, at participating institutions. Our training is also worth up to 43 CEUs with our State University of New York partnership, so that you can apply your IIN education towards propelling your existing career forward.
• You’ll learn from over 85 experts in our dynamic, online curriculum: Our instructors are experts in their fields such as integrative health, nutrition, functional medicine, spirituality, alternative healing modalities, business and coaching. Our program pillars are focused on Nutrition, Coaching, and Business, and you’ll get the skills you need to become a successful Health Coach.
• You can learn anywhere in the world, on any device: Our online program is hosted on our online Learning Center, which gives you the flexibility to learn on your schedule in our 1-year or 6-month accelerated program options. You can even download program materials for offline use on our app.
• Our advocacy efforts empower you to effect real, sustainable change in the lives of millions: We advocate on behalf of the Health Coach industry by working with leaders and policy makers in government. This advocacy aims to promote the work and value of Health Coaches, which not only impacts the health coaching industry in the U.S., but also around the globe, as more countries catch on to the value that health coaching has on health outcomes. Most recently, the passing of CPT codes by the American Medical Association underscore this value, paving the way for health coaching services to potentially be covered by insurance!
With that said, we are proud of the other schools out there because many of the people who started them are graduates of IIN and we stand behind our community in any way they chose to do good.