Integrative Nutrition Blog
Meditation App Review: Headspace
At IIN, we are committed to equipping you and your clients with empowering tools to live out your most joyful and healthy life! One such tool to promote clarity, relaxation, and peace of mind is the practice of meditation. There are many meditation apps on the market, so we’re going to spotlight one each month. Last month, we reviewed Insight Timer. Today, we’re looking at Headspace, another popular app that can support you (and your clients) in your meditation practice.
Headspace is the #9 Health & Fitness app in the App Store! The app has guided thousands of beginner and seasoned meditators to cultivate and deepen their practice of meditation and mindfulness. Read on to learn about Headspace’s unique features to determine if this may be the app for you!
- Categories (health, bravery, happiness, sports, and many more) to create meditation “packs” for your practice
- Large selection of themed meditations on everything from mornings to nights and overwhelm to unwinding
- Sleep sounds to promote a more peaceful slumber
- Unguided meditations ranging from 10 to 60 minutes in length
- Meditations for children
- Very short (1–3 minutes) guided mini-meditations and mini-mindfulness practices – perfect for busy schedules
- Cartoons to learn more about mindfulness and meditation
- A tracker that lets you know how many people are meditating on the app at any given time
- Free 10-day beginner’s course!
- Monthly, annual, or lifetime subscriptions unlock full library of guided meditations and mindfulness practices.
- Average customer rating: 4+ (out of 5)
- Size: 117.9 MB
- Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later or Android 4.0.3. and up
Headspace is a fantastic app for anyone interested in meditation, especially beginners or busy professionals. With a wide selection of categories to choose from, Headspace is great for the bio-individual to create an ideal meditation practice. Give it a try and see how this meditation app resonates with you!
If you liked this article, check out this one: Meditation App Review: Insight Timer.