Recipe: Oven-Baked Fish Balls
Check out these oven-baked fish balls from IIN graduate, Efrat Petel. If you're hungry for more head over to our IIN Recipe Blog showcasing a variety of recipes that cater to diets of all types, from vegan to paleo to pescatarian and beyond!
- 2lb white fish fillet such as sea bass
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
Optional lemon sauce:
- 2 onions, sliced
- 5 frozen artichokes, cut into chunks
- 1 green chili pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced and chopped
- 1 glass white wine
- Preheat oven to 450˚F
- Chop the fish fillet with a knife or pulse in a food processor. It should be well chopped into chunks.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and let sit for half an hour.
- Roll the mixture into small balls.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, turning over after 5 minutes, or place under the grill.
- Combine ingredients and cook on the stove for 10 minutes. Add water if necessary.
- Place fish balls in sauce and serve. Season with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Efrat Petel is a Israel-based real food chef and IIN Health Coach advising others on how to succeed in making nutritional changes that stick. She is the creator of “DAILY” – a place for real food based on the idea that change starts by developing daily habits, along with supportive tools and knowledge for daily food preparation at just the right nutritional level for each person’s unique lifestyle. This recipe and more delicious dishes can be found in her cookbook 100 American Favorite Dishes – the RealFood Version. Find more from Efrat at DailyRealFood.com and on Instagram @Efrat_Petel.
Are you an IIN Graduate with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!