In this series, Ask IIN, we round up the most pressing health and wellness questions ‒ from food and exercise to relationships and career – from real people, just like you! Then select Integrative Nutrition Health Coaches and wellness experts will answer these questions so that you can feel empowered to live your healthiest, happiest life.
Achieving your goals starts with you.
In this edition of Ask IIN, we asked how our graduates and Health Coaches about the tips and tools they use to achieve their goals and dreams. The beginning of every year is always filled with big resolutions and oftentimes, little to no follow through, resulting in the abandonment of those resolutions and major disappointment.
But it doesn’t have to be that way! With some dedication and powerful mindset shifts, you can make anything you want to achieve a reality.
Kelly Chase, IIN Graduate, TV Personality, Entrepreneur, and Social Influencer
January is always a big time for setting goals and intentions and taking the steps that will bring us closer to achieving said goals. In my mind, I look at the big vision, the dream: What am I dreaming about? What lights me up? What excites me? What is something I’ve thought about and become excited about yet never pursued because of my own limiting beliefs?
Since studying how the mind and manifestation work over the past few years, it’s those thoughts, those dreams, that help me not only plan but take the aligned, inspired action toward achieving my dreams. I get so emotionally involved with my dream that I only think about what can and will happen!
My tagline is “ChaseLife ‒ Create the Life You Crave.” You truly can create the life of your dreams, and the only thing stopping you is your own internal limiting beliefs. Every day, when I wake up, I decide what I’m going to do that day; I lean into everything that feels good for me. If I’m presented with a situation that’s beyond my control, I go to what I can control, which is my own mindset. I reflect on how I can improve the situation and I shift how I’m feeling on the inside.
The key to achieving what you desire is acting and feeling as if you’ve already attained what you want to be, do, and have. If you feel good, this means you’re vibrating at a higher frequency; therefore, you’ll attract more of what you want in your life. If you feel negative, you’re vibrating at a lower frequency; and thus you’ll attract things of the same vibration, aka more of what you don’t want.
Therefore, to achieve your goals and dreams, it’s all about getting your mind to stay in the high vibration place for as long as possible. Mind you, you’ll still experience sadness, confusion, anger, disappointment, shame, guilt, etc.; but as you train the mind, you’ll learn the tools that help you shift from these low vibrational thoughts, feelings and emotions faster. The quicker you can shift, the less time the universe has to send you what you don’t want.
Here are my six steps to make your dreams a reality:
- Write out exactly what that big-vision dream is.
- Write out all the actions you can think of that will get you closer to achieving your dream.
- Choose up to six actions you can act on today.
- Journal out any low vibrational thoughts, feelings and emotions so that you’re processing them and clearing space for the high vibrational thoughts, feelings and emotions to come in ‒ as well as space for the opportunities you least expect.
- Do as much as you can to fill up your cup every day, such as a tranquil self-care or self-love routine. Based on my personal experience, morning is the best time. I highly suggest you read The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod if you want to up your routine, like I have over the years. Throughout your day, continue to align yourself with activities, people, environments, and things that make you feel good. Stay in that feel-good energy.
- Create an online or physical vision board online, then save it as the background on your phone or hang it up in your home where you can look at it every single day. Visualize yourself as if the future’s already happening; feel how having, being, and doing those things will feel once you have them. And then say, “Thank you, thank you, now that it is done”‒ and leave it up to the universe to work its magic.
And that’s it, my friends. Do what feels good, and you’ll achieve anything you desire!
Hear more from Kelly:
Rebecca Cafiero, IIN Graduate and Spiritual Business Strategist
First, get clear about why your goals are so important by using the five “why”s exercise. No matter if your goal is getting up an hour earlier, reading a book a month or committing to a healthy habit, ask yourself why your goal is important and write down the answer.
Dig deeper by asking, "Why is that important" again. Ask until you've gone five levels deep, and every time, you'll end up with a powerful, soul-calling “why” ‒ like changing your life, making the world a better place, or creating impact. Write those “why”s down where you can see them daily (like on a mirror!).
Next, use a great planner that helps you turn those goals into smaller action steps and daily to-dos in order to achieve those goals. I'm a fan of the EVO Planner, the Passion Planner and the 90X planner!
Last but not least, get accountable! If you can hire a coach to help you achieve your goals, great! Or join a community or grab an accountability partner who’s focused on the same goal you are. Often, seeing others’ success (as well as their daily struggles and the helpful resources behind their big victories) will build your belief that you too can achieve your goals!
Hear more from Rebecca:
Website and Instagram