A Half-Year in Review
Wow, 2011 is whizzing by! The year has offered so much in the form of opportunity, change, and reflection. We thought we would give you the highlights of what has been and what is to come in 2011.
- In 2010 Integrative Nutrition gave over $170,000 to a variety of incredible charitable organizations like Slow Food USA, Healthy Child, Healthy World and Farm Sanctuary. Now…we’re on our way to donating over $200,000 in 2011!
- Our what’s your vision? essay contest receives over 1,100 entries. It’s a tough decision but we pick 2 winners who are awarded full tuition scholarships.
- February launches our 2011 IIN Miami Beach Conference, where over 2000 Integrative Nutrition Health Coaches and students gather to learn, connect, and have fun! Check out our Flickr photos here.
- To help our community continue to be successful , we release updated, more modern, and elegant websites to all of our students and graduates. These websites are fully customizable and feature professionally shot photographs, various themes, colors, and design choices. In the future, we will continue to add upgraded features, such as a logo generator and further customization.
- Through a donation matching campaign and overwhelming response from the Integrative Nutrition community, we donate a collective total of $30,000 to support Save the Children's Japan Emergency Fund providing support to the estimated 100,000 children and families displaced by the March 2011 natural disasters in Japan.
- Four Integrative Nutrition graduates are featured in the March 2011 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine!
- Are you IIN? our Mission Page on Facebook is created.
- In April, we host our first alumni webinar series. Four successful Integrative Nutrition alumni are featured on webinars to discuss how they’re using their education.
- The wedding of the century takes place when Prince William of Wales weds his longtime girlfriend Kate Middleton. Find out what the Royal Wedding Says About Relationships from the Integrative Nutrition perspective.
- Integrative Nutrition Partners with Food Day which gives you chance to go out in your communities and make a difference by promoting whole foods.
- Farmarazzi legislation, which would make taking photos of a farm a criminal act, is pending in Iowa (and unsuccessfully introduced in Florida, New York, and Minnesota).
- We host our first virtual Facebook party, What's New & Good?, this receives an enormous response from our community!
- We fully revise, edit and publish the third edition of Integrative Nutrition’s Fast Track Workbook.
- Integrative Nutrition hosts a blood drive with New York Blood Center giving our staff the opportunity to save a life by giving blood.
- The USDA Gives Up Pyramid for Plate in an attempt to upgrade food policy.
- No chocolate milk in LA schools. LA becomes the largest school district in the nation to ban flavored milk.
- Immersion students gather in Costa Rica for a weeklong business building retreat.
- New interactive iPod touch learning platform is released to Health Coach Training Program July 2011 students.
Things to Come in 2011…
- Seed grant we received over 300 applications and will be announcing 2011 seed grant recipients by end of July. Stay tuned…
- Primary Food Party a Facebook virtual event for mixing and mingling.
- Fall IINto Action! - Integrative Nutrition Live in NYC: Sept 17-18, 2011 Our second live event of the year hosted by Integrative Nutrition, with guest speaker Deepak Chopra. Invitations will start going out soon, be on the look out in the coming weeks.
- We’re also doing another live event in November with one of our very special guest speakers in NYC… more info to come.
2012 and beyond…
Live events and cutting-edge nutrition education inspire our community to spread the ripple effect worldwide.
And don’t forget the big picture! Check out our 2020 vision!