Integrative Nutrition Blog
Recipe: Reishi Blood Orange Chia Pudding
Check out this refreshing chia pudding from IIN graduate, Kerri Axelrod. If you're hungry for more head over to our IIN Recipe Blog showcasing a variety of recipes that cater to diets of all types, from vegan to paleo to pescatarian and beyond!
- 3 1/2 cups unsweetened cashew milk
- ½ cup blood orange juice + plus 1 orange segmented
- 1 tbs vanilla powder
- 1 tbs Kakato
- 3 tbs Cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened coconut
- 2 tsp reishi powder (I use Root and Bones)
- 3/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup silver almonds
- In a high-speed blender, blend nut milk, blood orange juice, vanilla and Kakato on medium until well blended
- Add cocoa nibs, dried coconut, reishi powder, chia and salt and blend on low until well combined with no lumps
- Pour into individual jars and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, I like to allow mine to chill overnight
- Top with blood orange segments, slivered almonds, shredded coconut and cacao nibs
Kerri Axelrod is a Health Coach and yoga instructor using holistic nutrition, Ayurveda, yoga and meditation to help women live healthy, passionate, and purpose-driven lives. Kerri endured a personal health crisis while working in the fast-paced, high-stress world of national politics that took a grueling impact on her body. She was diagnosed with an autoimmune thyroid disorder and was certain to find the answer to her helping her health which led her to leaving her career to pursue her health. Kerri spent years studying different health and holistic lifestyle modules and now helps women to regain their joy through reconnecting to their bodies and living with intention. Find more from Kerri on KerriAxelrod.comand on Instagram @KerriAxelrod.
Are you an IIN Graduate with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!